- As a subject matter expert, you will lead and manage sourcing process (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc.) for key strategic contracts to ensure the most competitive supply advantage for BASF.
- Issues purchase orders to suppliers, ensures supplier commitments are provided in a timely manner and supplier capacity constraints are addressed.
- You will manage the supplier qualification and evaluation activities; you will also drive the consequent improvement activities.
- You will guarantee a systematic and regular follow-up of running projects and subsequent reporting.
- Negotiate cost savings with new and incumbent suppliers.
- You will be responsible for developing your supplier portfolio/list, reduce single source cases.
- Overall 3 to 5 years experience in technical purchasing.
- Relevant business/commercial or construction/engineering degree is from advantage.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract management and supplier experience
- Technical knowledge and basic understanding of construction engineering and components and supply chain management
- Fluent in English language, both written and verbal with high communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- International and multicultural awareness.
- Willingness to travel.
- Driving license.