- Analyze, design, and evaluate structural systems and components, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and other engineering tools to perform structural analysis, optimize designs, and validate performance, safety, and reliability.
- Provide project expertise and advice on structural engineering matters for clients in various industries, including commercial, residential, and infrastructure projects.
- Monitor the development of structural engineering projects, ensuring timely progress, budget adherence, and quality standards.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to integrate structural designs into broader projects, ensuring seamless alignment with project requirements.
- Oversee structural upgrades and retrofits, ensuring minimal disruption to ongoing operations and compliance with relevant codes and standards.
- Prepare and issue formal notices of noncompliance, providing written recommendations for corrective actions and resolving controversial issues.
- Conduct independent in-office calculations and verifications to ensure the accuracy of structural reports and designs.
- Prepare comprehensive engineering reports covering structural analysis, design recommendations, and project outcomes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in structural engineering, materials, and construction techniques.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience as a Structural Engineer, with a focus on structural analysis, upgrades, and FEA.
- High level of proficiency in structural engineering software, such as AutoCAD, SAP2000, or ETABS, is essential.
- Ability to work under stress, handle difficult situations, and make informed decisions.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in managing personnel and effective team working.
- Extensive knowledge of structural engineering principles, materials, and construction processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- International and multicultural awareness, with the ability to adapt to diverse working environments.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Valid driving license.