Project Site Manager
- Coordinate the project closely together with the team on site.
- Coordinate and contact to the client and local suppliers.
- Organise all the necessary working equipment (i.e. cranes, tools, construction personnel, small purchase goods, …) on site to ensure that the supervising team and construction personnel can work fluently without being hindered.
- Meet with clients, suppliers, project team members to develop and discuss process, technical, and commercial aspects of the mining project.
- Create time schedules and make documentation of the daily progress and professional technical documentation of the project implementation according to international mining standards.
- Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
- Monitor and highlight any non-compliance issues that may require addressing.
- Be a visible and active leader in terms of all aspects of safety on the project.
- Coordinate efforts with site supervisors of the project to manage resources to meet the project schedule.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen and Supervisors to ensure the work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
- Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
- Overall, 5 to 10 years of experience as an international Project Manager.
- Extensive knowledge of the mining construction process of heavy mining machinery and its implementation.
- Be familiar with all technical tasks of assembling, commissioning and run up of heavy mining machinery.
- Relevant business/commercial or construction/engineering degree is from advantage.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders, suppliers and clients.
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to add value, solve problems, reduce costs and make project improvements.
- Technical knowledge and basic understanding of mining construction engineering and components and supply chain management.
- Fluent in English language, both written and verbal with high communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- International and multicultural awareness.
- Willingness to travel.
- Driving license.
Project Site Manager